Precision Attachment Dentures & Bridges
If you have partial dentures that are loose, ill fitting or are cosmetically poor but donít want the cost of dental implants, this is an excellent alternative.
Precision attachments are used for:
- Fixed-movable bridge design
- Partial dentures. Precision attachments can provide support, stability and retention. The main reason for having precision attachments is for aesthetic reasons as they have no clasps.
- Elimination of unaesthetic clasp
- Better force distribution to supporting teeth
- Stops denture from moving side to side or up and down
- Reduces food impaction, plaque and decay
- Improved comfort and chewing efficiency
These provide support, stability and retention. In a patient who only has a few worn remaining teeth, it is imperative to keep the roots and fit the precision attachments to the top of them so that the dentures can be clipped on and off.