- A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain or tooth coloured filling material which is bonded to the pre-prepared surface of a tooth / teeth
- Veneers can be used to mask discolouration, change shape and size of teeth, repair broken teeth, close spaces and re-position irregular teeth. Veneering can dramatically improve your appearance and youthfulness.
- Before veneering, we do colour analysis. Often pre-treatment of discoloured teeth involves chairside and home whitening using ozone therapy.
- Single root filled, discoloured teeth are offered internal whitening first. Colour review and veneering is a second stage option.
- Advantages of veneers are that there is minimal preparation of the tooth, translucent natural appearance, masks unsightly blemishes, fillings and shapes. It is an alternative to orthodontics for some people.
- Two visits to the dentist are required as they are specially made by a dental laboratory.