IMPORTANT COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT
We are pleased to announce that we are to be open again from Wednesday 10th June for face-to-face appointments, following the government’s enforced closure on the 25th March.
We are extremely grateful to all our patients for their patience and understanding during this difficult and frustrating time.
Despite the government’s notification on the 28th May that routine dentistry could resume from the 8th June, in order to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, and in line with the wealth of guidance issued since this announcement, together with worldwide shortages of PPE, we will implement a phased return to ‘normal’.
Initially we will only be able to offer appointments for urgent care that does not involve any aerosol (such as drilling and ultrasonic scaling) or cannot be managed remotely through advice, analgesics or, where appropriate, antibiotics.
We hope to move on to being able to offer urgent care involving aerosol soon after this subject, to adequate PPE supplies and a reduction in the government’s Coronavirus Alert Level.
Finally, we will look to reinstate non-urgent care following further reduction in the Coronavirus Alert Level.
In order to comply with social distancing measures and to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we have had to make a number of changes to the way we offer our service, this will have a detrimental effect on the capacity of care we can deliver.
Please read below which details some of the changes that we have made.
- We shall contact you the day before your appointment to run through some screening questions, update your medical history, take an advance payment and provide full instructions about your appointment – this is to minimise the amount of time you need to spent in the practice.
- Please ensure you have brushed your teeth and have been to the toilet before leaving – our toilet facilities are open, but we would like to minimise their use where possible.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment and if possible, ring reception via your mobile phone so that we know you have arrived. Please wait outside, or in your car until a member of staff collects you to bring you inside.
- Please do not bring any person belongings as these will not be allowed into clinical areas – leave bags, hats, coats at home or in your car.
- Please bring a face covering/mask to be worn when entering the practice.
- Please bring a pen with you for signing any paperwork.
- Please come alone unless this is not possible. Children under 16 and Adults needing a consenting adult may be accompanied by 1 person and will be subject to the same COVID-19 screening as below.
- Once inside, you will be asked to put on your face covering and sanitise your hands. Your temperature will be taken, and some COVID19 screening questions completed before you are taken into directly into the surgery.
- At the end of your appointment, you will be asked to put back on your face covering and sanitise your hands before leaving the practice.
- If further appointments are needed, these will be arranged via telephone instead of visiting reception.
We would like to thank you in advance for these additional demands we have placed on you. Whilst we would like to go back to ‘normal’ as soon as possible, the safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, which makes this currently impossible.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Family Dental Practice
Capel Dental is a small, friendly, family dental practice in Capel St Mary that has a special interest in implantology and cosmetic dentistry.
Whether you require routine dentistry or cosmetic work, our range of services spans from tooth whitening and orthodontics, to implants, microscopic root fillings and periodontology. Our practice incorporates the latest state of the art dentistry equipment, including an operating microscope and ozone therapy machine.
Please browse our website for full details of our practice. We hope it inspires you to come and visit us soon!
Located in Capel St Mary
Capel St Mary is within easy access just off the A12, south of the Copdock roundabout. We are only 15 minutes drive from the centre of Ipswich, where there is plenty of free parking outside the practice.
All dentists adhere to the
General Dental Council's Standards
for dental professionals.
General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street
Tel: 0845 222 4141
At Capel Dental we aim to build an excellent rapport with our patients, so you can feel totally at ease with all our treatments offered.